This article was originally published in the MarketingExperiments email newsletter
Marketing is a powerful force that can be used to influence the choices people make.
In this video replay of a live optimization session, Flint McGlaughlin walks step by step through a real-life example of a person whose life was saved by strategically directing a conversation toward a certain conclusion. This diffused a volatile situation and caused a person to make a better decision.
If you are writing copy for a webpage, you are having a conversation with a potential customer. But if you fail to establish rapport, then you will potentially lose a customer.
Watch the video to learn common mistakes copywriters make on their webpages, and a strategy for creating copy that starts a trust-building conversation with your visitors.
If you would like to receive more detailed advice from a MECLABS conversion marketing expert via a video conference, visit our Quick Win Consult page to learn more.
Here are some key points in the video:
- 1:13 Nathalie Birli’s word choice caused her captor to let her go
- 11:42 Three ways to establish rapport with your website visitors
- 21:01 How marketing influences choice
- 25:46 Why you should invert the funnel analogy
- 31:03 A slide illustrating strategy for influencing choice
- 33:00 Live optimization – marketing services provider
- 41:40 Live optimization – inn/motel in the mountains
- 48:09 Live optimization – nonprofit event